Neotropical Conservation Foundation (NCF) is non-governmental organization founded in the year 2005, Washington, DC.
CONTACT: Ted R. Kahn email@example.com
Mission: Safeguard and evoke passion for endangered habitats, communities, and wildlife in Mexico, Central America, and South America in order to insure their mutual survival as a prerequisite to their and our combined knowledge and benefit through sustainable development, community involved partnerships and environmental conservation, using the tools of science and education to preserve endangered species and their ecosystems, through habitat and community enrichment, using ecosystem management, education, and long-term employment, species survival and recovery strategies.
- Paramo Mucubaji microhabitat
- High elevation cloud forest – Merida, Venezuela
NCF has developed strong regional and international partnerships working in the United States, Mesoamerica, and South America to protect amphibians, reptiles, and their habitats by building local capacity through inventorying, measuring and monitoring wildlife, and training local people to build their local capacity.
Here is a partial listing of partners, universities, and organizations we work with.
NCF is pleased to be a partner with the Global Amphibian BioBlitz. Check out these projects: Supatá golden frog project Chytridiomycosis in Peruvian Amphibians Anfibios de Ecuador Amphibians and Reptiles of Colombia
- Fundación BIOGEOS Para el estudio de la diversidad biológica (Venezuela)
- Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum of Natural History, Division of Amphibians and Reptiles (USA/International)
- Smithsonian Institution, Laboratories of Analytical Biology (USA/International)
- Biology Department of the National Autonomous University of Honduras (UNAH) (Honduras)
- The Austin Laboratory, University of Florida (USA/International)
- Honduran National Institute of Forest Conservation and Development, Protected Areas, and Wildlife (ICF) (Honduras)
- Fundación para la Protección de Lancetilla, Punta Sal e Texiguat (PROLANSATE) (Honduras)
- Fundación Nombre de Dios (FUNDAND) (Honduras)
- Fundación Herencia Natural (Colombia)
- Amphibian Specialist Group (International)
- Grupo de Investigaciones Zoológicas (GIZ), Universidad de El Salvador (El Salvador)
- La Fundación de Asistencia Técnica para el Desarrollo Comunal Salvadoreño (ASISTEDCOS) (El Salvador)
- Reserva Natural Mesenia-Paramillo (Colombia)
- Fundación Colibrí (Colombia)
- Universidad de los Andes (Venezuela)
- Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
- Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University (USA)
- Instituto de Ciencias Naturales (Colombia) (ICN, Bogotá)
- Wildlife and Watershed Conservation Group (International)
- Prehensile Productions (International)
- Centro Universitário Univates (Brazil)